Using Polyurethane Foam to Raise Foundation Footings
The stability of your foundation lies in large part on the soil beneath it. As the soil compacts, or shifts, your home may be subject to settlement, which can be a big problem for your foundation. It is important to recognize the symptoms of foundation settlement, and when it is time to have your home inspected. At Airlift Concrete Experts, we can level out your concrete slabs or sunken foundation footings back to their original level using our advanced polyurethane foam leveling system. Here is everything you need to know!
What Are the Symptoms of Foundation Settlement?
There are several causes for foundation settlement:
- Soil erosion
- Soil deterioration
- Freeze/thaw cycles
This can result in various symptoms around your home such as:
- Sloping floors or countertops
- Tilting or leaning chimneys
- Doors and windows that stick or do not fit in their frames
- Cracks in your foundation, inside or outside
- Concrete sticking up around sidewalks and driveways near your foundation
These symptoms are all signs that your foundation could be at risk. We recommend that if you have noticed these problems around your home (or business) to contact us at Airlift Concrete Experts to have your property inspected. We can assess the situation and determine if polyurethane concrete leveling and lifting is the correct solution for you.
How Does Polyurethane Work to Level My Foundation Footing or Concrete Slab?
After inspection, if we determine that you have affecting foundation footings or concrete slabs, we may recommend polyurethane concrete leveling. There are several steps to this process.
- First, small holes are strategically drilled around the area in the concrete or footing that needs to be raised. These are small in diameter and will be filled upon completion.
- Using our equipment, we will inject foam through the holes in the concrete. This allows the foam to flow into areas that have eroded or deteriorated, filling gaps and spaces.
- As the foam fills the spaces, the footing or slab will raise back to its original position, leveling out the affected areas.
- Once the concrete is raised, then the holes are filled in and the area is cleaned. You are left with a safe and secure footing or slab.
There are so many benefits to this process! It is quick and easy to complete, leaves no mess behind, and is a permanent solution. It is also affordable and eco-friendly, both are important for you and for your family. If you have questions about how the process works, please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions or for a free estimate. It would be our privilege to help return your home to safety and security by leveling your concrete or footings.
To learn more about Airlift Concrete Experts, our team, and our services, visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.