Wet Crawlspace in Little Rock, Arkansas
Since crawlspaces are out of sight, they are the most overlooked areas of the home. In fact, they are often the main targets for moisture. If left untreated, wet crawlspaces create the perfect environment for mold growth, insect infestation, and structural damage. Over time, these conditions can cause health problems, affecting the air quality of your home. If you notice water in or around your crawlspace, the problem will not go away on its own. Airlift Concrete Experts offers innovative wet crawlspace solutions to keep your crawlspace moisture free.
If you notice a musty odor or sloping floors in your home, look for the warning signs of a wet crawlspace. Some telltale signs include:
- Rotting wooden supports
- Wet, drooping insulation
- Water stains
- Pooling water around or in the crawlspace
- Water seepage through the walls
These signs are serious problems in themselves that should be taken care of with our waterproofing solutions. Pooling or standing water can cause water damage. If the wooden supports are exposed to moisture, they can rot and create further structural damage. Metal structures may rust, leaving your home vulnerable to foundation settlement.
Causes of a Wet Crawlspace
What cause wet crawlspaces? By nature, crawlspaces are dark and moist. But certain factors can aggravate the situation, causing significant water damage. Some factors include:
- Lack of downspouts
- Saturating groundwater too close to the home
- Poor ventilation
- Improper drainage
- Rising water tables
- Homes built at the bottom of a slope
Regardless of what is causing your wet crawlspace, the professionals at Airlift can help. We offer crawlspace solutions to prevent excess moisture, unwanted pests and toxic air pollutants from entering your home.
Wet Crawlspace Solutions
Airlift provides the following crawlspace solutions:
- Crawlspace Repair: To control moisture and humidity levels, we offer crawlspace repair. Crawlspace repair can help stabilize rotting floor joists, beams, sill plates and more. Our crawlspace repair methods help promote cleaner, healthier air while increasing the value of your home.
- French Drain System: French drains consist of drain tiles, gravel, and geo-textiles. Drain tiles are used to direct the flow of water in the right direction, and gravel helps control the flow of water by creating a path. The geo-textiles help with the filtration process. All of the components help make French drains an effective drain system.
- Steel Piers: To fix foundation problems caused by wet crawlspaces, we offer steel piers. Steel piers restore settling foundations due to weak soils, plumbing leaks, poor drainage, and improper grading. They are driven deep into the soil until they reach the more suitable soil.
At Airlift, we have highly skilled technicians to perform your crawlspace repairs. Contact us today if you have a wet crawlspace in the Little Rock, AR area. We'll improve the air quality of your home for many years to come.