Wet Basements in Little Rock, Arkansas
Wet basements not only smell musty, they compromise your home's value. Left untreated, basement moisture can damage floors, walls, and promote mold growth, even to the point of ruining the roofing. If you notice wet spots on floors or walls, you may have excess moisture and condensation which may lead to structural damage over time.
Some wet basements are easily fixed by removing debris from gutters and diverting groundwater away from the foundation. But if the issue comes from other sources, such as improper drainage and poor soil conditions, then you should contact Airlift Concrete Experts in Arkansas right away.
Some signs of wet basements include:
- Efflorescence: White or grayish ash on the walls that looks like sparkles.
- Spalling on concrete walls: When water gets inside concrete walls, salt deposits from the water causes the surface to peel or crumble.
- Water stains on the walls: Water stains can develop on walls, even the floors.
- Bug, termite or pest infestation: Termites and other pests love moist, dark areas
What Causes Wet Basements in Arkansas?
Wet basements are caused by surface water that is improperly drained away from the foundation wall. Foundation walls act like dams by trapping water and causing pressure to build up against the walls. Too much pressure can force foundation walls to bow and crack, allowing water and moisture to seep through.
Wet basements can be caused by the following factors:
- Missing gutters or disconnected downspout extensions
- Accumulating groundwater from sprinklers
- Improper landscaping or grading
- Pipes that develop condensation and drip
- Untreated wall or floor cracks that cause water seepage
- Heavy, excessive rainfall
- Plumbing leaks or broken pipes
Wet Basement Solutions in Little Rock, AR
Airlift Concrete Experts can solve basement water issues to keep your basement dry for many years to come. We offer innovative basement and foundation repair products to keep water out, control humidity, and improve the air quality of your entire home.
To solve waterproofing issues, we offer French drain systems.
French drains consists of drain tiles to ensure water flows away from the foundation. Gravel is placed in the drain to help direct the flow path. To assist with the filtration process, geo-textiles are also installed.
If your water problems created foundation issues, such as wall cracks and sloping floors, we offer effective foundation repair products to stabilize your foundation back to normal. Our helical and steel piers are designed to lift and support the foundation back to its original position. They create little disturbance during installation and can be installed from either inside or outside the structure.
To strengthen and restore weak basement walls, we offer epoxy injections. They bond and seal cracks to stop water leaks in foundation walls and floors.
For wet basements in Little Rock and the surrounding areas, contact Airlift Concrete Experts immediately. We use quality foundation repair and waterproofing products to restore your property's value and keep your home safe and dry. Contact us today for an estimate.