STICKING DOORS AND WINDOWS
Having problems with your windows and doors in Arkansas?
If you notice and gaps or spaces around your doors or windows, or if they are hard to open or shut, this can be a sign of a foundation issue. Foundation settlement occurs when the soil beneath the foundation is unstable. Some of the issues with the soil beneath your foundation that can cause foundation problems are:
- Soil shrinkage - When the soil beneath your Arkansas home becomes too dry, it will shrink, creating voids beneath the foundation. This will cause the foundation to sink into these voids and cause foundation problems.
- Erosion - Large amounts of rain will cause the soil beneath your foundation to erode, washing away the soil and creating voids beneath the foundation.
- Hydrostatic pressure - Excess amounts of rain can cause the soil around your foundation to create hydrostatic pressure. When this pressure becomes too great, it will push on the foundation causing it to shift and settle.
- Poor soil compaction - If the soil was not properly compacted at the time of the construction of your home or business, the soil will shift, causing the foundation to shift, also.
If you notice that you do have gaps or spaces around your doors or windows, consider having a foundation expert come in and inspect your home or business to see if this is caused by foundation failure. The professionals at Airlift Concrete Experts, LLC offer free inspections and will be able to see if these gaps or spaces are caused by a foundation that has settled. Some of the other signs of foundation failure are:
- Bowed or leaning walls
- Wall cracks
- Floor cracks
- Sloping floors
- Crumbling, chipping concrete
- Leaning chimney
If we find that you are in need of foundation repair, we will offer you the best foundation repair solution for your repair needs.
Align Your Doors and Windows Through Foundation RepairIf your window and door gaps are caused by a settling foundation, our team has the proper training and experience to restore your foundation back to its original level and structurally sound again. We use underpinning products such as steel push piers and helical piers as permanent solutions that will lift and stabilize your foundation for generations to come.
These piers are deeply driven under the foundation through unstable soil until they reach a layer for more stable soil. Then with hydraulic jacks that are placed in several areas, the structure's weight is transferred onto the piers, leveling and stabilizing the foundation.
Foundation issues can lead to structural damage throughout your entire home. That is why it is important that at the first sign of foundation problems, to have a professional come in and inspect your home. With the experience and products that Airlift Concrete Experts, LLC has to offer, you will be getting the best foundation repair in the Arkansas area.
We are a family owned and operated business located in Little Rock, Arkansas. If you notice window or door gaps and spaces in your home, let Airlift Concrete Experts, LLC inspect your entire home and give you the solution you need to keep your home or business safe and structurally sound. Contact us today for professional foundation repair in the state of Arkansas!