STICKING DOORS AND WINDOWS
Having problems with your windows and doors in Arkansas?
If you notice gaps or spaces around doors or windows, or if they are hard to open or shut, this can be a sign of a foundation issue. Foundation settlement occurs when the soil beneath the foundation is unstable. Some of the issues with the soil beneath your foundation that can cause problems are:
- Soil shrinkage - When the soil beneath your Arkansas home becomes too dry, it will shrink, creating voids beneath the foundation. This will cause the foundation to sink into these voids and cause foundation problems.
- Erosion - Large amounts of rain will cause the soil beneath your foundation to erode, washing away the soil and creating voids beneath the foundation.
- Hydrostatic pressure - Excess amounts of rain can cause the soil around your foundation to create hydrostatic pressure. When this pressure becomes too great, it can push on the foundation causing it to shift and settle.
- Poor soil compaction - If the soil was not properly compacted at the time of the construction of your home or business, the soil will move, causing the foundation to shift.
If you notice that there are gaps or spaces around your doors or windows, consider having a foundation expert come in and inspect your home or business to see if this is caused by foundation failure. The professionals at Airlift Concrete Experts offer free inspections and will be able to see if these gaps or spaces are caused by a foundation that has settled. Some of the other signs of foundation failure are:
- Bowed or leaning walls
- Wall cracks
- Floor cracks
- Sloping floors
- Crumbling, chipping concrete
- Leaning chimney
If we find that your home or business is in need of foundation repair, we will offer you the best foundation repair solution for your individual situation.
Align Your Doors and Windows Through Foundation Repair
If your window and door gaps are caused by
a settling foundation, our team has the proper training and experience to restore your
foundation back to its original level and
make the building structurally sound again. We use underpinning
products such as steel push piers and helical piers
as permanent solutions that will lift and stabilize your foundation for generations to come.
These piers are deeply driven under the foundation through unstable soil until they reach a layer of more stable soil. Then with hydraulic jacks that are placed in several areas, the structure's weight is transferred onto the piers, leveling and stabilizing the foundation.
Foundation issues can lead to structural damage throughout your entire home. That is why it is important that at the first sign of foundation problems, to have a professional come in and inspect your home. With the experience and products that Airlift Concrete Experts has to offer, you will be getting the best foundation repair in the Arkansas area.
We are a family owned and operated business located in Little Rock, Arkansas. If you notice window or door gaps and spaces in your home, let Airlift Concrete Experts inspect your entire home and give you the solution you need to keep your home or business safe and structurally sound. Contact us today for professional foundation repair in the state of Arkansas!